Roma Secondo


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 5th 2005
Published: July 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, we finally found a nice internet cafe in Florence with up to date computers (for Michael's sake!). So forgive us if you get a lot of blogs today 😊 Well to finish Roma.... you'll find us enjoying a bit of the sites. We visited the Castel Sant'Angelo which is basically the fortress built next to San Peters basilica so that all popes can have a fortress against plague, wars etc.. It was fun and we got the spectacular view of the river that we have sent to you. In the evening we headed to the Piazza Novana to get some dinner and to our great delight got a bit of entertaintment. You see this section is soo full of tourist that all the street vendors selling anything from Prada, Gucci or Louis Vuitton bags and sun glasses (fakes of course!) start this game with the cops. You see them set up in less than five minutes as well as clear out in a matter of minutes. It was like cat and mouse or dancing! This happened all through out dinner and probably after we left. I was looking at their stuff but endend up with some shoes without either the Prada, Gucci or LV label, oh well what do I expect for 20 Euros? On another evening you can see some great shots of San Peters in the evening and some cheesy shot of us in front of it as well as the Pantheon. And of course the last gelato before we left Rome. Little did I know that the size of the gelatos plus the price of them would go in the wrong direction after we left Rome. All in all we loved Rome with all its sights and history. Michael enjoyed the museums and I ended up with two pairs of new shoes can't help it, after all we are just a couple of tourists!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb