Napoli


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
July 4th 2005
Published: July 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

After a two hour train trip from Rome, we were pleasantly surprised to find a hotel with Air conditioning AND a bathroom. Now don't get me wrong the heat of Rome was the perfect excuse for the gelato and all but the fact that we had air conditioning just made my day. Anyway guess I forgot to mention that we have taken up the European custom of a siesta in the afternoon? Well, this is the best ever with AC.

Back to Naples, it was quite a treat after the hustle of Rome to find Naples practically asleep. Since we made it in on a Sunday, we were able to just walk and enjoy the sights. We got some great shots of Mt. Vesuvius and the Castel Nuovo. Needing to get a late lunch we stopped at a little cafe down the street from our hotel and found THE BEST PIZZA EVER! I swear this country is just made for people who are looking to gain weight between the gelato and now the pizza! Between that and all the consuming of wine and beer we are doing we will be lucky to get on the plane without any increased weight fines when we go home! We made it to the Museo Archeologico Nazionale for the Farnese sculptures and ended up getting a porn show from those raunchy Romans! We have never seen so many penises before in our lives so we had to post a couple of the raunchy collection just because they are funny. Excuse us if we offend anyone he he he...

Now let us begin with the churches, now Italy has a lot of churches and somewhat like the museums it is a must if you are here. We are getting used to the frescoes, the marble statues, stained glass, and gold relics however in Naples the Duomo Cathedral offered us the added excitement of some Roman ruins. Our last excursion was to the Castel Sant'Elmo, we took a funicular since it is located at the top of a steep hill. We walked it down just for fun (not so much in the middle of the afternoon heat!) It offered one of the most beautiful views of the bay of Naples with the added bonus of an M.C. Escher exhibit.

Overall Naples was a little disappointing with the lack of beach (rocks mostly) but since our next stop is the Amalfi coast no worries. Well until next time from the beauty of the Sorrento coast!

Tante belle cose! (Best wishes!)
Audrey and Michael


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb