Another beautiful Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 12th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8955, 12.4823

Today matched yesterday for the weather. Just a beautiful fall day. Left a bit later today than usual as we wanted to be at the Colosseum in the late afternoon and evening, yet Bird notes "we were still gone nine hours".

Our first stop was the Pantheon, which may have the most intact interior of the Roman buildings, likely thanks to the Church converting it to a church. Even so, some Pope stripped the exterior marble.

Following this we took a mile or so walk, which Rick Steves labels "The Heart of Rome Walk" before arriving at a Metro for our trip to the Colosseum. As with other Roman buildings, a good deal of thievery went on here eventually ending in either the 15th or 16th century. This arena seated fifty or so thousand Romans who reveled at seeing animals and humans kill each other. There were also executions for public enjoyment. But recall this was two thousand years ago.

Brace yourself. There will be two and a half tons of Colosseum pictures, and we do not want to hear any complaints. Bird says she spared the recipients of this blog many pictures as HP would have sent many more.

Of course, we must now note there is only one undefeated team in Georgia. Go Falcons!


Advertisement



12th October 2015

The last picture looks like it is ready for a night game.
13th October 2015

We're ready for it. Should you arrive later, we'll save seats for the two of you.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb