Day 4: Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
May 6th 2013
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning I woke up at 2 am. Not because of jet lag but because my friend/ room mate nakita has an extreme case of sleep talking. Last night she sat right up in bed and yelled "spider!!" and started breathing rapidly. I woke her up and told her that she was in Rome and not to worry but then she went straight back to sleep after that and didn't remember anything in the morning. Today we had an early start and drove to Sorrento through Pompeii. Pompeii was a city that was covered and destroyed but a volcanic eruption many years ago. The ruins were then uncovered many years later and are now open for the public to walk through. It is a massive ruin site that was built before Christ (over 2000 years old) and would take at least 2 full days to get to see the full site in detail. I was amazed at how big and old the whole site was! Later we travelled to Sorrento. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my whole life! It is a rich town built on the waters edge. Cannot wait until you see the pictures of it! We had a pizza party tonight where we ended up getting flower all over our faces by the tour guide. Tomorrow we head on a boat to Capri and weather permitting hopefully we will go swimming and then take a boat ride into the blue grotto!


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

PompeiiPompeii
Pompeii

A mold of a pregnant woman trying to protect her unborn baby when the eruption of Mt Vesuvius happened.
PompeiiPompeii
Pompeii

Another mold of a free slave who actually faced the oncoming eruption.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb