Day5: Capri


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Capri
May 7th 2013
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the island of Capri. I really wish I could upload pictures because this place is just so beautiful. We caught a ferry to the island but someone slipped down the stairs and broke their toe on the walk to the ferry (Sounds funny now but wasn't at the time). There wasn't much i could do we just sent him to the hospital to get it looked at. When we arrived in Capri it was raining so the boat ride around the island was postponed. We headed up to the middle level of Capri (there are three levels). By the time we got up there we had to come back down to catch the boat ride as we got stuck behind a bunch of school kids. The water was quite lumpy so nearly everyone on board got sea sick. I jumped off the boat into the Tyrrhenian sea with a few other daring contiki travellers. The sea was refreshingly cool it was really nice! Unfortunally the blue grotto was closed because of the rough seas but that just meant we had more time to spend on the island. We went up to the middle level again and visited the Augustus garden. It is a garden that is on a cliff and looks over the sea. I forgot to mention that you have to pay to go to a lot of the public toilets in Europe, so if you run out of cash you are in trouble! We got to meet a lot more of the contiki group today. There are 52 of us including our tour guide, most of the group are Canadians, a few Americans, Australians, Brazilians, South Africans and Nakita and I are called "the two Kiwi girls", by our tour guide. Our tour guide is hilarious, his name is Vinnay and comes from Milan, Italy. Anyway I'd better get back to exploring Sorrento and buy some handmade sandals before we head to a 4 course dinner. Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb