Napoli!! The Ruins of Pompeii and the Island of Ischia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
October 7th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I went to Napoli for the weekend!! We took a train from Florence to Napoli which was fun! Then took a train down the city of Pompeii!! (which by the way it was like my dream to see Pompeii!) We walked around the ruins which were pretty much amazing!! If you don't know, the ruins of pompeii are famous because of the fact that they were preserved so well because of the volcano, Mount Vesuvius, that erupted and covered the city with lava. This happened in about 70 AD and it was discovered in the 1800s. The ruins are still very well preserved. You can even see paintings still on the walls around the city, and jars that people used back then. I could even see bodies that were preserved by the lava in the position that they were when they died. It was crazy. The city was also very large and it was amazing that they had such an impressive layout during that time. They had two theaters and even a big colosseum like stadium. It was very cool.

After going to Pompeii we went back to Napoli and had some dinner then jumped on a ferry that took
Inside PompeiiInside PompeiiInside Pompeii

Some preserved columns
us to Ischia! Ischia is an island off the coast of Italy and is absolutely gorgeous. We took buses all over the island and ended up swimming in the Mediterranean! It was so much fun. We walked around a little more and then took a ferry back to Napoli and a train back to Florence. It was a great weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

A well preserved paintingA well preserved painting
A well preserved painting

This thing is like 1800 years old!
IschiaIschia
Ischia

Where we went swimming


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb