Amalfi in Spring


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
April 28th 2017
Published: April 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I'm too old for this stuff. Smooth flight on Alitalia with more than a couple screaming children who acted up for hours, literally. The worst airline meal ever served didn't help. Originally had an empty seat next to me but was soon joined by Carol who had issues with her seat mate. We got along well but my fantasy of stretching out disappeared.



Some bozo had booked our flight to Naples with an hour in between. We had an escort guide us to the gate which was a good thing because I would never have found it alone. It was over a mile away. Heaving and panting we cleared passport control then boarded a bus that would take us to the plane. Since it was on the tarmac I had to lug my carryon up the stairs. It wasn't heavy but it nearly did me in. In Naples we got our bags and then dragged them a good five city blocks to the bus parking lot.



Settled on the bus we finally were able to relax. We took the Autostrada past Pompei and Vesuvius and then left the highway for the climb over the mountain to the Amalfi coast. It always amazes me to see the drivers negotiate the narrow rows squeezing past oncoming vehicles on hairpin curves. Two and a half hours later we reached Minori, checked into our hotel and headed out for lunch.



Picked a restaurant with a view of the water and enjoyed parma ham with melon, me, and brochettes, Pat. Both were excellent and the Matre 'de gave us limoncello to finish off the meal.



Back to the hotel, unpack and against all advice nap for a couple of hours before dinner at seven. Headed downstairs for a glass of wine and dinner of gnocchi, C-, grilled sea bream A- and vanilla gelato, A.



Headed upstairs, jumped into bed put a pillow over my head and passed out until 6 am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb