Ireland- a travel wonder


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I really cannot believe that it has been 19 days since my last post!!!! We have had such a crazy time, packing so much in!

Well you will be glad to know that I resisited the temptation to bone that chich on the Friday, (and uncharacteristically deleted her number from my phone)....impressed Smyth?

We then hit the road on the Saturday morning and haven't looked back since.

We headed west from Crosshaven, past Cork Airport where the visit began and on to a cool surfing beach called "castlefreke". We surfed there for 5 hours, caught some crazy lefts.

Adrenaline pumping, we hit the road and stopped at the next decent sized town, Skibbereen. We hit the town here and went to a club called dakota where the ladies were just asking for Australian action. We both pointed that night and hit the road like two vagabonds in the morning.

From there we made our way to Killarney, a tourist centre for American toursists. There's lot to see there and it is very nice but not the scene we were in search of. We drove that night to Limerick, a city on the west coast and we did the usual city nightlife but no action mate!

Next day...we went north to county Clare and stopped at the cliffs of moher, amazing cliffs dropping hundreds of metres to the atlantic swell below. We went to a little fishing village called Doolin and some guys told us to go to Lahinch if we liked surfing....YES!

We stayed 2 nights in Doolin in a B&B. Unfortunately it was monday and tuesday nights and you just got the feeling that the weekends is when it comes to life.

I won't bore you with every detail of every town we saw so fast forward to the weekend.......

That weekend we watched Golf. Yes me & golf can you believe it?
We stumbled upon the Irish open for seniors golfers in europe at Ballyliffin Golf Club , in County Donegal. This place is remote, windswept and rugged but wow what a venue for an international game of golf.
We had to sleep in the car the first night as every available bed was full but the second night some welcoming irish ladies shared their space😊 The golf was actually great and was won by a spanish guy.

From there we toured Northern Ireland which is actually a different country (I didn't know that) where they use UK money.
Today we are in Belfast which you can see is emerging from its sordid past with a real sense of pride.

Tune in later for updates on the rest of the trip.... who knows where the next 2 weeks will take us. All I can guarantee is that we will be back in Crosshaven for that Cork Week festival....apparently being the owner of a bed guarantees that you'll find a lady to share it.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb