Day 14 Croagh to Killarney via Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
May 1st 2018
Published: May 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

The day began for me with an early morning walk along the lanes of Croagh and into the small community park with a running stream. The sky was overcast and drizzling rain. Loved it.



Moved onto Listowel where we had breakfast at Lynch'e Coffee Shop before walking, still in drizzle, a few of the streets, taking photos of some of the buildings. In June there will be a walk through the streets to admire the striking and colourful shop frontages, many of which have unique designs and were created in the 1800's. I'm not too sure whether the buildings chosen by me will feature. On Jane's suggestion we visited the "Kerry Literary and Cultural Centre", where we spent time enjoying learning about the great writers such as Keane, Kennelly, Walsh, Fitzmaurice and MacMahon from this part of Ireland. The museum presentation was unique and captivating. A few photos follow below.



The weather was becoming bleaker by the minute, however with an accommodating mindset, we viewed it as seeing Ireland as the locals said it is; "rains all the time." I wanted to experience rain particularly out in the countryside. Dingle and the environment beyond was our objective. The atmosphere was very conducive for hot food so in the seaside town of Dingle we indulged.



Beyond Dingle, and having reached Slea Head, the fog came upon us rapidly, resulting in good road visibility being cut to 10m or so and on a very narrow and very slippery road we decided to turn around.



Hotel Killarney, our base for two nights is beyond our expectations. Another good choice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement















Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb