Dublin to Galway and Galway


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
June 17th 2023
Published: June 19th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Friday saw us pick up our rental car which is very underwhelming. It is a Dacia Jogger which is very basic (notwithstanding a manual). After being assured it had Apple Play it doesnt and we have very manual GPS which immediately caused chaos and missed turn-offs. We have now got into a better routine and making the best of it. The trip over to Galway from Dublin was pretty uneventful, we stopped at the Kildare Factory Outlet Stores and each purchased new cloths. Other than that there was not much else to report, except a lot of green grass and stone fences and we have chosen to combine Friday and Saturday in Galway as one post.

Saturday started off a sunny warm day and we planned to travel the Wild Atlantic Way, we sat down to breakfast in the ClareGalway hotel which we stayed at and Roses ex hairdresser Aoife O Regan and her family sat down at the next table. It's wonderful how small the world is sometimes.

While driving out to the first sites we stumbled on small protected boat shelter in Barna which we have a couple of photos of. After this we headed off to the Airport to investigate a scenic flight. We were in luck, they could fit us in for a 40 minute trip but we would be to wait 2 hours. We drove off and continued down the road and stopped at a rural pub An Chéibh Bar, even the dual language signs for English and Gaelic had only the Gaelic names, really friendly people and lovely lunch.

Back to the Airport for a scenic flight down to the Cliffs of Moher and Aran Islands, we took about 200 photos during this flight, so we will include the hits in this post.

After arriving back at the airport, we started to head back to Galway. One the road back, we stopped at artist colony and did a walk-around as well as stopped for tea. as got back into Galway, the heavens opened up with thunder and lightening. So we decided to find a car park in the city and stop for a drink.in the port of Galway.

Dinner this night was at a local pub called McHughs, hugh meal, all very well executed Gastropub food. The service was excellent. After dinner we went back to the hotel for an early night as morrow is another travel day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd June 2023
IMG_2505

Awesome guys! So fun to hear your adventures 😘

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb