Diddly dee potatoes


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
September 15th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I got into Dublin at around midnight, and met up with Kenji. It was great to catch up seeing I hadn’t seen him for a couple of years. Was excellent to reminisce about uni, soccer and all the crazy stuff we used to get up to when flatting together. He is working as a field engineer at Intel in Leixlip, just out of Dublin. Leixlip is where the original Guinness factory was, apart from that it’s pretty small. He is staying at a Bed & Breakfast and was able to get me a room for 50 Euros for the week. That first day, he was working because it was a Friday so I had a decent sleep in and then did a massive load of washing. He came home for lunch so we went to the local mall. It was refreshing to be able to order food again by using English rather than trying to speak Italian and pointing.

We bought some beers and some food for tea, Kenji finished work early so we sat outside in the sun and had a few cold ones. We decided we would sample the nightlife so we caught a bus into Dublin and went to the temple bar, it is a strip where there are a whole load of bars. We spent most of our time in one of them which was four stories high and was pretty packed out. Was a good night, and I got to see a bit of Dublin’s city centre.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb