WHERE'S PADDY ?


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
June 19th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

When Carlee and I were on the Aran Islands, we met these 2 guys from Galway. We were all hanging out on the beach one night and it was pretty late. Anyways, one of the guys got a call on their cell from their friend Paddy who lives in Dublin. Well, it turns out Paddy was quite a singer of traditional and modern Irish songs, and the later in the night it got, the better his songs were. We listened to Paddy's soothing voice and creative Irish songs coming through the cell with the waves and the wind all around us.

Anyways, I had a few words with Paddy over the cell, I sang him Oh Canada, Rocky Raccoon and whistled the Strange Brew anthem. We made plans to meet in Dublin, he said, oh just ask around at some of the pubs and they'll know where to find me.

Carlee and I were in Dublin for about 4 days and we went out on the town a couple of times. Everywhere I went, I asked for Paddy. The funny thing was, everyone knew someone named Paddy!!!!!

Paddy was the guy that was working behind the bar, Paddy
outside the guiness breweryoutside the guiness breweryoutside the guiness brewery

the beer was good here, it was great really, but it was not as good as the guiness with the shamrock on it.
was the guy dancing on the table with a hoola hoop, Paddy was so and so's brother, uncle AND father. Paddy was the old guy sitting in the corner, with stories of the old days, long past his cut off. Paddy was the acordian player and the mandolin player. Paddy was a legend and Paddy was very well loved.

I never did come across the Paddy from that night on the beach, but maybe that is how it has to be. I feel sure though that one day I may meet this mysterious Paddy. I will know it is him when i hear that melodic voice and those Irish songs sung from the heart about the love of a beautiful country and it's people.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

old and newold and new
old and new

inner city festival celebrating the downtown community
random hot guyrandom hot guy
random hot guy

his name was also patty


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb