Dadadadada DUBlin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Guinness LakeGuinness LakeGuinness Lake

Literally, they call it Guinness Lake not only cuz Mr. G owns it...but cuz it looks like Guinness. PS--Tiger was there a couple months ago at the house next door..interesting.
Ok...so we are going to need everybody to just take a deep breath, relax, we got to Ireland obviously so before you freak out...its ALL ALRIGHT!

You know how we told you we went to bed and set our alarm clocks for 3am? Well we forgot to tell you that BEFORE we set our alarm clocks, we kinda not only danced the night away, but we sorta DRANK the night away. aaaannnd you know how we told you we ran throguh the train station? True, but Emily kinda pulled Kendall through the train station. Im sure you can draw your own conclusion. But thats besides the point. From here on out we are talking in the third person, setting the setting, and letting you know play by play what occured on this LOVELY morning.

5:00am Kendall looks at her watch then shouts to the top bunk (ignoring the fact that there are 8 other people in our 'dorm hostel room')
Kendall: (laughing) "EMILY WE MISSED OUR FLIGHT"
Emily JUMPS off the top bunk, ignores the ladder that is provided and literally LEAPS out of bed. Yelling
Emily: "KENDALL, this is NOT FUNNY!"
Emily gets all of her
Coast of IrelandCoast of IrelandCoast of Ireland

Bray to be exact
thigns together and goes down stairs. Kendall is still struggling (Interesting).
Kendall gets down stairs, Emily has already ordered a cab (thank goodness someones in control) and got some cash flow. We are then waiting outside for the cab, Emily states
Emily: "Kendall, you know we have to like RUN right?"
Kendall: "You got it!"
5:10am Cab driver shows up
In Unison: "Heathrow Airport, we got 15minutes" (Keep in mind this is usually a 45min drive)
side note---you think this is good? IT GETS BETTER
The Michael Buble Soundtrack got the driver to get us to the airport in record time
Driver: "Ive never driven to the airport so fast, thank goodness the police man didnt see me speeding!"
5:45am Airport Security
Kendall and Emily laughing that we MADE IT THROUGH! And as our bags our getting sensored, Oh WAIT...
TSA #1: We need to check your bags
Emily and Kendall Dumbfounded
TSA #1: We found some Heinneken bottles in your bags, you cannot take these on the plane
Kendall: Well can we atleast take a picture of them? Our names are on each of the bottles!
TSA #1: No pictures are
Katy McKenzie's Little aka TWINKaty McKenzie's Little aka TWINKaty McKenzie's Little aka TWIN

We love Maggie simply because she is your SPITTING image!! miss youuuuu
allowed back here, let me ask my boss
TSA #2: Why dont we just drink them and let the girls take the empty bottles with them.
TSA #1: Do you have a bottle opener?
TSA #2: NO, but in the employee lounge we do.
Both EXIT...they return 5min later, with the empty bottles. SUCCESS. Literally, only in the UK this would happen.

Anyways, our trip to Dublin definitely started out on a good note. Words cannot describe how beautiful this place is. The town of Dublin is really small, very friendly, and has an addicting atmosphere. Every pub has a live band, every night of the week, that are just as talented, if not more than any mainstream rock band today. Our first day we saw St. Christ Catherdral, Medievil Dublin, and Trinity College. Our second day we took on the town, checking out all the local hotspots and getting our bearings of Dublin. At lunch we realized that one of our best friends from HS Kathryn McKenzie's Lil Sis from Wake Forest was studying abroad and was in Dublin at the same time that we were. We met up with her and her friends and had an amazing night. In the morning we woke up bright and early to go on a bus tour to Wicklow National Park. It was literally jaw dropping and we were able to see where Braveheart and PS I Love You were filmed. Our last day (today) we took the DART to the coast and got off at every beach town, ending in Bray for a picnic lunch and what we thought was a short walk to the beach. We found out 3hrs later, that this short walk actually took us to the other side of the mountain and was actually a HIKE. Atleast there was a DART station 15min away for us to hop on to go home. Dublin has been absolutely amazing, this trip has literally changed us, we are both getting teary eyed right now becuase we are in disbelief of all of the things that we have seen.

With only 15min and 25sec left at the internet cafe...thank you for reading our blog, we are so excited to come home and see y'all. WE LOVE YOU


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

Wicklow National ParkWicklow National Park
Wicklow National Park

This lake is SO cold that the water looks BLACK
Nice ASSets Nice ASSets
Nice ASSets

Kendall's a creep...this is the 5th pic of my butt in dublin


10th August 2010

Hilarious!!!!
OMG...you girls are hilarious! I am soooo excited to hug you both tomorrow. Pleeeeease make your flight on time!:) Luv U, mom/mj
15th August 2010

I LOVE THAT YOU MET UP WITH MAGGIE!! miss you both glad that you had such an amazing time in my favorite country ever!!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb