Newgrange and Trim


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
June 16th 2005
Published: June 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a out of the city adventure. It is Blooms Day today... dunno what that means ^_~. We went to Newgrange and Trim Castle. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! We got up this morning so freaking early 7am! We got ready to go and headed out it was pretty easy to find our way out of the city this time and even coming back in wasnt bad. So we go to newgrange and it was very neat. We saw the demo and walked through it all very pretty i have tons of pictures i will show later. It's pretty amazing to think it was built 5000 years ago. Then after we saw that we went to Trim Castle (it's in the movie Braveheart) The town is very cute and pretty. We had fish and chips. Then we went into the castle. We got to tour it and the guide was great very awesome and filled with all types of knowledge, most i knew since my major IS medieval history ~_^. The castle was fantastic and we even went up on the parapets and it was a beautiful view. I have seen some of the best countryside i have EVER seen. It is compeltely breath taking. Words can't even describe it. It is strange because in Dublin there are a LOT of people walking around with headphones on. And LOADS of people in bussiness suits EVERYWHERE and very few people talking on their cell phones. That is kind of nice. I also think i saw a few people's twin here as well thought about this kid Mike Risicia who is riding the TransAm this summer. He would love it here. I see all the people riding bikes going crazy through the streets and think he would be right at home with all of them. Tonight we don't know where we are eating yet or what we are going to do. I am going to pick my parents up from the Bleeding Horse Now. Tomorrow we head to Kilkenny and Kinsale. We are staying at the lighthouse in Kinsale (its a Bed and Breakfast.) It has all in all been a pretty funny interesting trip so far. I really miss everyone in the states though. I have postacards that I am sending tomorrow. Hope everyone who asked for one recieves them!

Advertisement



16th June 2005

Glad you are having fun
Hey babe...sounds like you are having a blast. I like reading about your adventures so be sure to keep them updated...can't wait to talk to you. casey

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb