sunday- sorry i forgot yesterday


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
March 7th 2010
Published: March 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

hey guys, sorry i forgot to blog yesterday i forgot with all the excitement of lara's bday 😊 so saturday we were able to sleep in till almost 12 which was SO lovely!! and then lara and i went on a shopping trip provided by her father 😊 it was SO much fun we just wandered around the city centre and went into random stores and tried on a bunch of randomly amazing things. pictures are included 😊 we went into a few really american stores and then also went into some accessory shops, we had a great time. we ended our adventure with a trip to vibes and scribes. which i dont know if ive mentioned the name before, but that is where we have our knitting group and its also the best little craft store EVER!! we got a little too excited and spend a bit of time there. i ended up buying the "crocheters bible" and lara got an amazing apron for herself when she goes back to working at a coffee shop. after that we got back and i finished my first sparks novel, which was rather terrible 😞 but i watched an interview with him and he said that he actually wrote it with miley cyrus and the upcoming movie in mind so i think that was part of the problem. books ALWAYS turn out weird when they are written to be made into a movie. i hope that the notebook is better, if not then i will give up on sparks forever and return to my "art in theory" book!! (still love it!)

we then got all dressed up and went out to eat at the ONLY mexican restaurant in town. It was really rather good. we all split a pitcher of sangria and i had a burrito 😊 it was great! after that we headed over to this rugby bar where they always have games up on the screens and have serve yourself pitchers of stout(which we did not get ahah). They also had two for one cocktails. Since i have never gotten a cocktail before we decided to each buy each other one so we each got our pick of 2 in the end. A couple of lara's irish friends met up with us, it was really fun and we ended up staying there for about 2 hours. After that they took us over to Callahan's which as they explained is the most irish pub you can go into in cork. no live music but it was full of just down right irish people. The bar tenders were fabulous and even gave me a drink on the house 😊 i was told later that it was because the tender knew the irish guy we were with 😞 haha i was excited (1st freebee). We ended up staying there for quite a bit and covertly convinced the entire pub (granted thats only like 40 people) to sing lara happy bday at midnight, the bar then gave her a birthday shot of whisky on the house 😊 after that we went over to the brog where i actually saw a few people i knew. one of them was this really amazing girl i went to florence with!! we talked for a bit, im so excited that i know people! ahah we ended up calling it a night at around 1:30 because kasey and i had been planning for days to blow up 100 balloons. i wanted to go for 150 (actually 200 but dont tell her) but she said we would die and after that experience i believe her! so 4 of us ended up having to stay up till about 5 in order to finish all of them but it was WAY worth it when she woke up this morning and giggled!! hehe!!!

Then i woke up around 8:15. I was going to church at 10 and was being picked up, so i wanted to have time to eat and get ready and not be rushed. i went to church again at grace and it was again AMAZING!! the pastor this time was SO funny and it was just incredible to feel a part of a community again. I even met this man that told me all about his life and testimony and i dont know but there is just something amazing about someone opening up their life to a stranger that makes me absolutely love people! I can't explain that bond that happens when all falseness is dropped and true friendship is formed over genuineness. I am constantly amazed with Gods power to change people and show us love!

we then met up with our friend at a mall. get this a MALL in ireland!! ahah it was amazing! way past walking distance, we had to drive, but WOW it was just awesome to feel the consumerism of america. im not gonna lie it was a little scary and strange after being surrounded by the ireland way for a while, but i had a great time! after that i came home and decided it was time to add my ireland photos to facebook. (ive only been adding them on to my blog because facebook always takes a really really long time!!) but ya it was behaving so they are now all up there 😊

we then booked our hotel for paris and actually kasey's friend is now going with us and guess what he is FLUENT in french!!!! and loves art!!! ahaha yaya!!! it will be his bday while we are there so we are all really really excited!! we are just about to book our hotel for venice once i am done. and then i am going to start my next scarf (this one by request).

guess what tomorrow is national woman's day and they are having a knitting extravaganza on douglas street :D lara and i are going to go by and check out what the mayhem is and maybe do our free hugs there 😊 well i think that is it for me!

i hope you are doing well, talk to you manana


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb