Cobh


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cobh
June 19th 2023
Published: June 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

After the substantial drive of yesterday Roses goal was not to use the car today, to give me a rest. We were a handy 500 meters from the train station and decided to go to Cobh (waterfront suburb of Cork) for morning walk and breakfast. We went down to the train station and got the next train to Cobh.

As we came out of the station, there was Cobh Heritage Centre which also housed a number of Titanic's artefacts, as last port was in Cobh before it went to sea. In Cork (Port of Cobh), 3 1st class, 7 2nd class and 123 3rd class passengers boarded. The museum was very informative and we manage to find the Ship register for Rose's grandfather and grandmother who emigrated from Cork to Wellington in 1914 and 1919 respectively.

There was also a number of modelled scenes from the vessels to give you the understanding of how hard the travel was. Mostly the Emigration Museums in Dublin and Cohb focused on US and Canadian Emigration.

We then started our walk down the Cobh Village waterfront street passing some very quaint shops and stopping for a morning coffee and Tea. After walking from one end to the other we returned to out Airbnb to do some life admin (posts and washing) before planning dinner.

Tripadvisor recommended Quinlans Seafood Bar for dinner in Cork, a seafood restaurant, we has a fantastic meal, sorry no food porn, and walked around the streets a bit before retiring for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb