Blue Lagoon


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
February 26th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 63.8385, -22.4393

We had a lazy start.... And a great breakfast. The food in the hotel is really good. We intended to spend a couple of hours in the Blue Lagoon followed by a few hours in Reykjavik. After spending 90mins in the car we got to the Blue Lagoon only to find they are fully booked. Luckily we just had to wait about an hour before they let us in to wallow in the geothermal springs and rub silica and minerals into our faces. It was pretty odd being in the warm water whilst it's freezing and snowing. The spring also gave off a sulphurous smell of egg. After a complementary drink and ensuring we'd been everywhere in the pool (to get our money's worth) we left and made our way back to Reykjavik. Although we got back in good time it was getting on in the day so we decided to head back to the hotel (67 kilometers).
As we got further from Reykjavik the more the wind increased and the snow came down. We ended up going at a snails pace behind a lorry in a complete whiteout.... It was a bit scary....it was a lot scary!). When we got back to the hotel (relieved) we had a meal and went to bed. We found out in the morning that just after we passed through the road they closed it for the night as it was so dangerous.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb