Day 37 - Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
August 7th 2015
Published: August 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A day of rest and pampering.

Wake up slowly, as we aren't doing any of the optionals today. We decided that a massage might be on the cards to try and relieve the aching muscles. We cross the Elizabeth bridge to the Gelert Spa facility. This place is huge. An indoor and outdoor swimming pool, 2 thermal bath houses, massage facilities and other spa type functions. We book our massage for 1545, and Chris a pedicure for 1710. That done, we decide to do some more walking and shopping in town.

We end up in the plaza around St Stephen's basilica. Drinks and then we wander off to Chris's other beautician appointment (waxing). Arrive early, but beautician also there and starts early. I might have dozed off a little when Chris comes and says all done (about 1415). We decide to go back to Gelert for a swim and thermal bath. Catch the tram back (use up the spare tram tickets from the last tour visit with Insight - handy as today is another stinker).

We enter the spa and find the dude who sold us the tickets for the massage, etc. He directs us to the private change cabin we have organised. Change and lock our stuff up. Need to hire towels, but only have 4,000 Florint (there money ere is crazy, about 200 HUF to the AUD). Towel hire is 3,000 HUF per towel with 2,000 refunded when the towel is returned. try to negotiate 2 towels under the one deposit - not going to fly, so 1 towel it is. Hmm, what to do with the change - a 1,000 HUF note. Then Chris notices that you MUST wear a swimming cap. Oh dear. Back to the towel lady, and they sell hats for 700 HUF. OK, 1 hat and I ask if bald people need a hat, no I am ok. now I have 400 HUF in coins, same dilemma - what to do with the change. Not going back to the lock and key man so change goes in the Budgies.....

Pool is very refreshing (almost cold) after our walking in the heat. we swim and wander in this pool, then they start an aquaerobics class so we swap to the thermal bath (37 c). Very nice, tingling experience. Back to the cold pool, same tingling but for another reason, cold. Back to the thermal pool, then it is time to get ready for our massage. I wash and dry first, then Chris gets the towel. Not too bad and refund duely gathered. Locker man directs us up the stairs to our VIP massage.

Walk up an impressive marble staircase and into a corridor where there are many doors, obviously many massage rooms. Greeted by Sylvia and provide our ticket. Right place. Into t double room where we are instructed to take all clothes off and get on the table on our back with our feet up - hmm, not sure how we could get our feet any other way while on our backs. Into place and 2 masseurs arrive, Chris has Sylvia and I have a no name man who doesn't say much. Off we go and the legs get the treatment first. Good stuff and by the end of the hour, we feel much better. Final touch is a glass of ice water in very swish plastic glasses. Out we go and then Chris heads off for her Pedicure. I decide to go back to the ship.

Both back on board and feeling quite relaxed. Time for a quick snooze then our port talk by Adrien starts (we are in attendance for the talk about tomorrow's activities). Also just make happy hour so a G&T each we listen. Then to dinner. Sit with Sunny and Yung again. They are good company even if very quietly spoken. They are doing the optional night light tour. After dinner we go to the top deck and sit with 2 ladies we met the night before and finish our drinks before an early night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb