Sightseeing Again


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 14th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today, Jim went early to the dentist and Chrissy and I went across the street and discovered this wonderful market. It certainly puts to shame the small Farmer's Market in Westerville. After the dentist, we wanted to go somewhere on the Metro and not get lost. Ikea was 6 stops away and we went and wandered in there for a couple of hours. It is so funny to see the exact same items here. The only real difference was on the electrical outlets.
Then, back 6 stops to familiar territory. We then bought tickets for Folk Dancing at 8:00, but it was only 4:30. Not enough time to walk back to the hotel, but almost too much time to plan anything else. So, back on the Metro to go under the Danube and get close to the theater so Chrissy wouldn't have to walk much further. St. Anna's Church was on the square and we decided to go ahead and eat our dinner, but no good places close. There was a place called Cayote hamburgers, but we all voted no for that one. So, we finally went to pizza place and it was quite good. Mr. "only supposed to eat soft foods" got a little carried away and his mouth was a little sore last night.
The Folk dancing was wonderful and so energetic. Lots of whirling around and stamping of feet. It was almost 10:00 when we got out, so we got a taxi back to the hotel. I think we would have had to drag Chrissy by her arms if we hadn't. She did enjoy the dancing. It was a smallish theater and we had a great view of the whole stage.
Tomorrow, we go to the dentist at 2:00 and may do a little souvenir shopping first. I will try to watch what I am typing on the pictures. They don't let me correct my errors.
Thanks again for all your letters and comments and, no, Tom, Chrissy will not be finding out how a Big Mac tastes here. Too much good food to try.
We covet yours prayers for us.
Shirley, Jim & Chrissy


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb