Another Fine Day in Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 13th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We just had a beautiful day on the Buda side today. We didn't realize that the smog was so bad on working days until we got up on the hill at the Royal Palace and tried to take pictures. There seem to be more cars than people here and each taxi driver seems to have trained as a rally driver before becoming a taxi driver. I only took a few pictures and my batteries ran out on the camera and, of course, the extra ones were back in the room, so we decided we'd come back Saturday or Sunday and get more pictures.
We did find an English paper yesterday and get BBC and CNN news in English on the TV. So, Jim did have his crosswrd fix for the week. Our dental work is progressing very well. The dentist is very efficient and certainly gets a lot done quickly. Jim has gone each day this week and I go again tomorrow to finish up with mine. It has been a little hard on Jim as he is only supposed to eat soft foods. He and Chrissy have decided that the perfect soft food is ice cream. We ate in the apartment again last night finishing up with ice cream.
Here are a few pictues of the Royal Palace and looking at Pest from the other side of the Danube. Notice Chrissy having a philosophical discussion with yet another statue. Their is statuary everywhere in the older sections of town. You can hardly go 50 feet without seeing another somewhere. Sometimes only a bust, but usually a full statue. Just amazing.
Thanks for all the comments and notes. We love getting them. We plan a tour of the Jewish section of town today, but I'm not brave enough to go into the Holocaust Museum. Jim goes to the dentist at 10:00 and the rest of the day will be free.
Sorry about all the spelling errors. I couldn't post this blog because the site was having trouble.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb