A sunny stroll


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
October 26th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.4337, 28.2201

Happily the sun was out when we arrived in Rhodes. There were unfortunately 3 other cruise ships also moored up so the town was busy. However it did not spoil the pleasure of walking through the gates of the city walls and into the old town, which is very picturesque and no wonder it is a favourite of cruise lines. The sites to see are the Archaeological museum, the street of the Knights of St.John and the Palace. If you are not interested in medieval history the town is a pleasure to walk through anyway. The narrow pedestrianised streets are full of lots of lovely shops and the nice thing is that the shops do sell different items, so even though there are loads of jewellery shops they do sell different types of stuff. There are also lots of shops selling cotton and linen goods, leather goods, clothing, pots etc so something for everyone and we inevitably came away with goodies. There are also lots of bars and restaurants so easy to find somewhere for the regulation beers. Some people from our ship went to have lunch in town, something I do not understand when you have already paid for a lovely lunch and wine on board. Lunch on the ship is our favourite meal of the day and we have not been disappointed yet. An afternoon kip is now in order before we have to get our brains in gear for Team Trivia. Yesterday we came third so our overall position is second- have to do better today. We also need a kip as last night was rather heavy starting with our presentation to the Captain for achieving over 100 days with Silversea (free laundry!!), dinner followed by an excellent opera show and then on the top deck with the usual reprobates until 2am. The brain feels it is stuffed with cotton wool!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



26th October 2014

Nice to see you mixing with the crew! Wish I was there you could take me instead of Ted.
26th October 2014

congratulations to you both .... free laundry eh? well enjoy the extra little comforts and the rest of the trip xxx big hug roberta xxx
26th October 2014

Looks like you are having a great time. Congrats on your 100 day award both Shirley & myself wish we could have been with you. Lots of love to both & ted.See you soonDavid & Shirley

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb