Rhodes, Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
October 23rd 2015
Published: October 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We have never been to Rhodes so today was going to be a first.

Our waiter told us at dinner last night that it was going to rain from 12:00 midday so we needed to get up and get on with it.

It was a very pretty place with a castle wall and lots of shops selling jewellery, carpets, table cloths and trinkets etc.

We visited the castle of the Knights Templar which was very interesting, if only for the lack of Health and Safety on the stairs. (See picture).

We stopped for a coffee and I had a lager, I asked for a large beer expecting a pint, but what came was a litre of lager in a boot shapes glass (see pictures), DL said "your not going to drink all that", but I did, oops. Hic, hic, hic.

Then it started to rain as we had been told to expect so we started to make our way back to the ship, with everyone else it seemed, like ants scurrying along to the queen.

We were both in need of a rest so watched two movies before dinner.

Tonight was a formal night so we dressed in our best bow ties and went to drinks in the martini bar before a sumptuous dinner.

Tomorrow we are going to ephesus for half a day and then out shopping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Shopping! Shopping!
Shopping!

DL about to tell the shop owner how much he was going to pay no matter what the price ticket said! ? Poor shop owner! ???
No Health and Safety hazard here!!! ?No Health and Safety hazard here!!! ?
No Health and Safety hazard here!!! ?

Can you see where the steps end and the floor begins..... There is a big drop to the floor and no rails or any nets.... ?... Splat!!!!


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb