Pass the Cranberry Sauce, it's Turkey!!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
October 24th 2015
Published: October 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The phone rang, it was our morning call. I looked towards the window, it was still black, "what was that" I said to DL, "it was the phone" he replied not like him to try to be funny that early in the morning.

I got up straight away and went to get showered and open the curtains to see the beautiful view.... "OMG" I said out loud DL asked what was the matter, "we're moored next to a third class cruise ship" I said "close your eyes". You can decide if I said it or not! :-)

We were leaving early as we'd booked a trip to Ephesus for the morning, leaving at 8:30am.

The bus left on time with our guide who was called 'princess' in Turkish so we were now going to be called 'her people', haha.

The journey took about half an hour on the bus with our guide telling us various interesting facts on the way.

If you've never been to Ephesus or don't know anything about it I'll tell you!

Ephesus was an important port city in ancient Turkey and home to the Temple of Artemus which was one of the ancient seven wonders of the world, destroyed in 268 AD you can't see it today, nevertheless Ephesus is a wonderful city to visit as there's quite a lot still to see. It became abandon in the fifteenth century BC free the harbour silted up and brought disease because of the insects from the new swamp.

Please follow the link to learn more...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesus

After the tour we were dropped off in town and we headed back to the ship for lunch before going back out to explore the town, which we'd already been to three years ago, so we're happy to wonder.

At every door way you were accosted by someone trying in every way they could to get you into their shop to buy anything, we declined.

That evening we met at the Martini bar with our new friend as usual and headed off to dinner before a reasonable early night for DL and a late one for me! :-)




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The water fountain in EphesusThe water fountain in Ephesus
The water fountain in Ephesus

How it would have looked.
A show just outside EphesusA show just outside Ephesus
A show just outside Ephesus

Anthony and cleopatra


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb