B2 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

How is ancient Greece different in the role of women than in today's society?

In ancient Greece the women didn't have any privileges as men did. The women weren't allowed to eat or sleep in the same room as the men. They would have to be in another room to do that. The women spent most of their time in their house. The most important task the women had was to run the household and manage the slaves. But it was only depending if you were wealthy or not. The less wealthy women households didn't have slaves and they basically did everything themselves with no help what so ever. For those not wealthy and were peasants the women were most likely in charge of the work in the fields. The rights of a women advanced during the 20th century. Women had earned the right to vote in 1957. Women now have the same rights as men do, but even though government doesn't agree the property is still transferred to women from their families.
https://sites.google.com/site/voyagebackintime/home/greece-roles-of-men-women-and-children

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/social-culture-greece-17532.html

Back in Ancient Greece women didn't really have many advantages like men did. Men had more power than women ever did. But all that changed in the 20th century. In the 20th century women had gained power like men did. They even got the right to vote. The role of ancient Greece in women has changed greatly giving women more rights than before. The role of women in ancient Greece is very different than in today's society.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb