Greece Democrcy


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
October 1st 2013
Published: October 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greece is a rocky peninsula located in Europe. Few crops grew on Greece's mountains, however, those plants feed the entire state. Those plants then turned into more plants, making the population of Greece increase. Greek's most essential natural resource was water, that surrounded Greece. Their population increase was the reason for the sea becoming more reliable, so they could farm, trade, and sell. With the population increase, city states began to form. Each city state chose their own form of government and laws. ask.com said, "The surrounding areas of water are an important natural resource of the Greek Peninsula because of the economic activity, since ancient times the shipping industry has been one of the Countries most lucrative industries."
In which each city state connected to one another in their way of life. Some city states had ollgarchy, the wealthy ruled. DSome were ruled by an appointed person, this is called tyranny. More commonly, city states had a direct democracy, in which the people ruled, and they were politically involved in the decisions made in government. Decisions such as voting on who could pick the people who would vote. Greece's direct democracy often included men. Men made all of the decisions in government and code of law.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb