Riots Deterring Democracy


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
September 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greece is an ancient civilization whom tried to have a democratic government similar to the United Sates. However, many issues are easily turned into large riots and massacres that deters this type of government. Back than, people tried to give more power to the people. However, today's generations have proven that the people are too violent and, therefore, the police have to use violent force to stop them. When these two forces collide and create great destruction and killings, their relationship only weakens. Unnecessary and uncontrolled protest and riots have erupted for issues like unemployment and reducing passion. In my opinion, these citizens have are proving to the government that they can not be patient and will not be able to help the government if their voice mattered more. In addition, many more violent riots, like the Golden Dawn, are killing Greece's own citizens. It is a shame that the most ancient civilization whom was beginning to evolve a democracy that gave more voice to everyday citizens turns out to be a current nation that is dividing apart from simple issues. In order for a nation to be truly democratic, the government as well as the citizens must trust each other and allow each type of specialized job to do their job the way they know is best.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb