Christmas In Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

“Greece, also known as Hellas and officially the Hellenic Republic is a country in southeastern Europe. The culture of Greece has evolved over thousands of years, with its beginnings in the Mycenaean and Minoan Civilizations, continuing most notably into Classical Greece, the Hellenistic Period, through the influence of the Roman Empire and its Greek Eastern successor the Byzantine Empire.” Says wiki.

Greece has nice and different way of celebration than others. According to Greece tradition, no ships leave port without icon of St. Nichols on board. On Christmas eve, small boys go from home to home and sing carols to drum and tinkling triangles. In return, boys get gifts as dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, sweets and small gifts.

“The grand Christmas feast is a major attraction for both the adults and children in Greece. The grand Christmas feast is a major attraction for both the adults and children in Greece. 40 days of fasting is observed by Greeks and the Christmas feast marks the end of the fast. Hams, bacons, loaves of christopsomo or 'Christ bread' and kourambiethes, a famous Greek nut cookie are included in the traditional Greek Christmas feast. Christmas is a very busy time for the Greek women. They spend most of their time in the kitchen, making delicious Christmas cookies and other delicacies.” Says christmaswishes.

Greece Cell Phone Rental


Advertisement



Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb