Christmas Celebration In Philippines


Advertisement
Asia
December 22nd 2010
Published: December 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Christmas in Philippines is one of biggest holiday in archipelago. This country has longest Christmas celebration seasons starting as September and until third week of January. Philippines is one of Catholic countries in Asia. In Philippines, there are common activities for celebrating Christmas.

Christmas Parties: In urban areas, like metro Manila, you will get Christmas parties celebrated by offices and school. They are held mostly second week of December or before going on holidays. Christmas parties have common activities include Monitta, songs and dance items and indoors games. You could have fireworks with food facilities provided either through potluck, or via a pool of contributions to buy food.

Christmas Eve: Filipinos, Christmas is celebrated on 24 December with midnight mass and just after, the much-anticipated Noche Buena – the traditional Christmas Eve feast. Families like to have din at midnight on traditional Noche Buena fare, which includes: queso de bola, Tsokolá and hamón (Christmas ham).

Panunulúyan: In different provinces and schools throughout the Philippines, Catholic devotees also re-enact the journey of Joseph and the pregnant Blessed Virgin Mary in search of lodging for the soon-to-be born Jesus Christ. This is traditionally called the "Panunulúyan. This street pageant is performed after dark, with the actors portraying Saint Joseph and the Virgin Mary going to pre-designated houses. They chant a traditional song that is meant to rouse the owner of the house and to request for lodging. " says wiki.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb