Around the Hotel


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
June 5th 2006
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sun Setting on AthensSun Setting on AthensSun Setting on Athens

The Sun Setting over our hotel in Athens
Aditi finally arrived as her bag was the last out of the airplane today. Aisha, Jeanna, Jessica, Aditi and I (Melissa) roamed around Athens around our hotel. There are miles of markets and stores that sell everything from Cartier jewlery to postcards. We all agreed that the hand blown glass crafts were something that we would like to bring home but not sure if they would make the journey. We stopped at Gyro/Greek Salad place for lunch. The greek salads are fabulous with tomatos, olives, onions and feta cheese in a block. It is hard not being able to understand Greek as the letters are based differently, not like in Italy where you can take a good guess on what your ordering. Many of the menus are in Greek in English, but rumor has it we won't be so lucky on the islands, so we will order whatever we can understand!

Our early evening was spent on the hotel rooftop admiring the Acropolis and planning tomorrow's adventures. Followed by a walk and a trip to a restaurant in one of the close market squares where we all sampled eachothers meals of grape vines, gyros, salad, pitas, fries and stella. Concluding
Acropolis from Hotel - NightAcropolis from Hotel - NightAcropolis from Hotel - Night

The Acropolis is all lite for our enjoyment off the balcony!
our evening we again enjoyed the view of the Acropolis, although this time at night lit up with a perfect summer breeze settling in.

Tomorrow's adventures include the Acropolis, Olympic Stadium and Greeting Als, Megs and KJ when they arrive.

Time to head upstairs and settle with a book and relaxing to the sounds of Athens.

Good night, Sweet Dreams.

Melissa

Advertisement



6th June 2006

Post all your Acquisitions!!
Mail anything you purchase!!! That way you won't have to worry about breakage or anything. Might cost a bit, but it's better than trying to squish it into an already over burdened suitcase!! Have fun ladies!!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb