Antiparos to Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

AntiparosAntiparosAntiparos

On the little boat
Saturday 4 June 2011 contd

We went out for our dinner at 7 o'clock. First stop was the harbour as we had saved some bread and wanted to feed the fishes.

Then into the main street and stopped at Lollo's Italian restaurant. A mixed salad, lasagne with salmon and zucchini and a Lollo pizza, with drinks came to €43.50.

Then a walk up to the Kastro and back to the Nautica cafe for a little blogging and surfing, back to our apartment at 1030.

Sunday 5th June 2011

We had a couple of boat trips to make today, so a slow start to the day saw us packing our bags and checking out of the apartment.

We took our bags downstairs and Antonis was there, we complimented him on the apartment, it was excellent and at €25 a night was very good value. He had allowed us a two roomed apartment and we certainly had plenty of space. The fixtures and fittings were all in very good condition. The only negative was that after having wireless internet in our rooms on a few occasions it wasn't here.

Then an amble to the port to wait for the 1110 ferry back to Parikia, Paros on the Alexandros M, Antiparos Lines €5 each again.

It was a little late but we still arrived at 12 o'clock. A quick visit to the souvenir shops for some crocs, then some lunch at Zorba's, two Gyros plates as we sat in the sunshine, marvellous.

The FlyingCat 4 was a little late but turned round in a matter of minutes, not many got off and on and we were on our way for an uneventful journey to Mykonos.

The Mykonos port area is the usual chaotic experience with the locals trying to see if you need a room. We made our way through the throng and got to just outside the gate, as we hadn't seen anything resembling our details on a board or card we called the number on the booking information and transport was arranged to transfer us to the room. This duly arrived and a young lad took us to White Myth.

We were in the room by 1530 hrs and chilled for a short while.

A little later we went up to the office described in the room information and got a map and a little information about Mykonos.

Then headed into the main Chora. We passed the windmills overlooking the port and Pat found the place were her screen saver picture was taken that she had on her work computer for a while.

We pottered around taking in the sights and looking out to the harbour where there are currently four cruise ships in the bay.

Then slowly back up to our room.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb