Canal of Corinth & Nafplio


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Nafplion
May 24th 2017
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our day in Nafplio has been far less historic and more focused on helping the local Greek economy. We spent the morning shopping in the little boutique shops and had a wonderful Greek lunch! After lunch, we walked along the cliffs to a beautiful and serene beach. Last night was the deck BBQ on the boat, so Scott and I were both a little sluggish after partying a little too late last night. Yesterday afternoon we left Itea and passed through the Canal of Corinth on our route to Nafplio. The canal is 4 miles in length and 70 feet wide; barely wide enough to get the boat through! It was amazing to see from aboard and there were even some locals standing on a bridge above the canal watching! After passing through the canal we had some cocktails with some of our new friends that we are made this week. It will be sad to all go our separate ways tomorrow morning. We arrive in Athens around 8 AM and will have the day to explore before flying out on Friday morning. We are sad that the trip is coming to an end, however we are excited to come home. It has been the trip of a lifetime and we are couldn’t imagine a more perfect honeymoon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb