This is the life


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Chania
August 28th 2010
Published: August 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Opa!

Here we are in Chania, Crete and where do we even begin to tell you about what we've seen and experienced. Lots has changed also. We decided to cut out Turkey as we're running out of time and we also just couldn't bring ourselves to leave Crete today, so c'est la vie.
To put it simply, Crete holds all of the ingredients to a happy life.

We have decided to break up the extreme highs and lows of our time so far here in Crete by the following rating scale:

Highs:
- 5 star Italian dinner for four straight nights at the same restaurant,Kariatis. Truffle ravioli. Semeli white wine. We are now locals...they even made us our own reservation tonight.
- Recovering from the nightlife on a plush lounge chair at a beach bar where Diana doesn't even have to lift her head to eat or drink. Sloth!!!! Also, watching ripped, shirtless Greeks play paddle ball (Jolene notes: only Diana did this, but I call her a liar.)
- Elafonisi Beach (google this one). You'll be really jealous. Like, really, really.
- Meeting some local Greeks from Athens with names we've never heard who actually understood Canadian sarcasm...who knew!!
- Cretian olives and olive oil
- The best techno/dance music you could imagine all day and night...keeps the party rolling!

Lows:
- The long, winding 2 hour bus ride to get to the most beautiful beach in the world....a good ending, but a winding road felt not so great after only 3 hours of sleep.
- Getting death glares from the local greek women at the club....I think they are all trying to eminate the legendary medusa
- Overnight ferry sleeping on a stinky, hair covered hard floor beside the fat guy cutting logs like you wouldn't believe. Even ear plugs didn't cut it.
- Diana having to perform complicated physio therapy treatment on Jolene (after research on youtube on how to treat vertigo). Who needs a degree anyways?!


FML (fuck my life):
- Finding some kind of animal poop outside of our door when arriving home late at night or when we wake in the morning.
- Some nameless traveller finding herself using the 5-star restaurant bathroom and only realizing too late that there was only one square of toilet paper left. Hmmm....
- Being the guy dressed up in the mickey mouse costume on the beach in 40 degree weather....when the recession hits, it hits hard.
- Being the poor horse wearing the sombrero with holes cut out for the ears and mane. He did not look impressed.

Well we have a reservation to make! So enjoy and we'll post some photos soon!

Love, Diana & Jolene




Advertisement



30th August 2010

WAAAAAy tooooooooo Funnnnnnny!!
I laughed and laughed. You either write this well or these are actual events and if actual events way way too too funny!!!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb