Thursday 28h July – 4 seasons in 1 minute!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
July 28th 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

The Prince's Garden at Marienberg Fortress
FAR OUT!!!!! We were innocently driving on our way to Munich and it is sunny and bright, then the rain starts... ok, it has been like this most of the way... next second the hail stones start to pelt down – I'm talking about 1cm balls. We passed a gang of motorcyclists, poor guys had to pull over because they were being hit hard! We slowed and 'drove to the conditions' then no more than 1 minute later the sun is shining! That was a tad scary! Anyway onto the day, and I am going to keep it short...
Today's aim was to make it to Munich but travelling down part of the Romatic Road (we gave up after reaching Rothenburg and decided to hit the autobahns again!)
Started off from Frankfurt at about 9.10 and drove to Wurzburg to see Marienberg Fortress – took lots of photos and from the few explainations that were in English it was quite interesting. We came across our first German who didn't speak any English – try explaining to the parking lady how long you were going to be parked for and why you were parking... we decided to park elsewhere!
Next stop was
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Me trying to be artsy- What do you think Daniel?
Weikersheim to see their gardens and palace... well after walking 30minutes the wrong way around the area to try and find the front entrance we would have had to pay for it and we really needed to start out for Munich.
Third stop was Creglingen to see the Altar of Mary... well we drove around for a while and couldn't find it so we moved on to try and get to Rothenburg... GPS gave us the directions and road works detoured us and after a few mix-ups we found 2 other touristy looking cars who too were turning around and seemed to be looking to get to Rothenburg so we did a quick U-Turn and followed them. Don't get me wrong... the small townships are really cute but once you've seen one... you've seen them all (gee that sounds like the cathedrals). While Steve logged in our next location in the GPS I went and bought our first German Bratwurst – can't say it was delicious but it was nice!
After our 4 seasons in 1 minute drama we were now back on our way to Munich. Went out for Pizza tonight... FUNNY AS... Steve HATES mushrooms, we went out
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

Egglington with his frist Bratwursts!
for pizza for tea, menus in German and had no clue so guessed with our order... pizzas come out and 1 is COVERED in mushrooms! Was truly funny!
Went to find somewhere to drink tonight but town was pretty dead so was a semi-early night!
That's all for now!
xx
P.S. Nickle's hasn't managed to fall down any stairs today!
P.P.S. It is super hard to keep track of your parked car in forgien towns!

Advertisement



1st August 2011

Enjoy While You Can
Heh you , stop complaining about the sameness. If you only want a road trip you could have stayed in NZ and gone up and down the Northern Motorway from Belfast!!! Yip, there might be a sameness in some things but you have to see a few before you can claim that - not just 2!! Did Steve eat the said mushroom pizza. I think it is funny. Maybe mushroom soup for entree do you think?? Have fun, stay safe. Nice to read the blog again. I do like the artsie photo. I missed seeing some more though. Love Dad

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb