Lubeck


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 16th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

16 May 2010

In increasingly fine weather we had an excellent day in Lubeck which was far more attractive than we thought when we saw it in the rain yesterday.

We started with a boat trip on the canals right round the city. Then got very cold when went up the windy tower of Petrikirche to get an aerial view. However a bowl of warming goulash soup in the church café soon put us right. During a sunny afternoon we took the standard photo of the landmark Holstentor gate with the cityscape behind, wandered around several of the attractive streets with their steep pitched roofed buildings, had some world famous marzipan cake in Café Niederegger, looked at the market outside the Rathaus (Town Hall), visited some of the attractive single storey houses built in courtyards behind existing dwellings in the Middle Ages to ease overcrowding and looked into the city’s ancient hospital building.

When we got back it was warm enough to sit outside the van in the sun drinking our coffee. Amazing after yesterday’s awful conditions!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb