Dresden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 17th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 - Dresden Relaxation



This morning was an early start, we got up and showered at 6:30. Ben really struggled with this as his knee was so sore. 😞 We tried to find somewhere open before 8am on a Sunday, no chance. Today the bus ride was only short, with only one service stop before 10am and we arrived in dresden a little after 11am. We weren;t staying at the drop off hostel but it was only around the corner it was still like a 20 minute walk from the bus as the streets were too narrow for the bus to drive down. It was only us and Kiwi Liz at Lollis Homestay. It is so so cute. We couldn't check in for a few hours so we just chilled out and went for a walk to the main train station as the only supermarket in Dresden open on a Sunday was there.

At first we didn't know where it was but then we spotted the trolleys and we were fine. Possibly the hardest shopping experience of my life. It was HECTIC! So busy and so disorganised and what were all these German words?? We bought stuff for dinner and a bottle of Smirnoff (pretty stoked, like 8.88 Euro, as if in Australia)

We went back to the hostel and just sat in the common area and ate some food. At like 2:30 we went up to our room. After about 20 flights of stairs, which is only a slight exaggeration. Our room was so cute, painted walls,lights coming from random pipes and funny redfur stuck on the walls. Pretty good for a private room. THe only let down is no free WiFi. As exciting as we both our we fell asleep for a few hours, woke up and cooked our cheap pasta dinner before going back to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb