Airport


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 10th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - Too early a morning for Ben's Arrival



This morning I got up unbelievably early to meet the boyfriend at the airport. Too early and too little sleep. Not happy Jan, Ben's flight was delayed for half an hour so I was at the airport for an hour before I actually saw him. I was stoked to see him but apparently i didn't actually show it. He changed some money and then we caught a train to central station. Ben wanted to walk so we trekked all over the city and I didn't actually get us too lost. He booked a room, checked in and then we went to the Heineken Brewery.

We were about twenty minutes earoly so we wandered about until it opened. In the line a man gave us a 20%!d(MISSING)iscount voucher so it was twelve rather than fifteen Euro which was a bonus. The brewery may have been the highlight of Ben's tour and I mean the entire three months. It was heaps better than last time I was there, more history about the family, a simulator ride and horses to pull the kegs. We had a taster beer (150mL) and I'm certain Ben thought it was a race, at least the man behind the bar was impressed. At the final bar you get two free beers included in the cost of the tour. Some people gave us their beer tokens which was great as we left a little bit tipsy; mainly Ben though as he'd just gotten off the plane. We bought some souvenirs, just beers with our names on them and we were goiing to get a glass engraved but the engraver wasn't in yet so we decided against it but the lady charged us for the tin so we may have taken the glass with a slight amount of thievery. Possibly another of Ben's proudest moments.

After we dropped the stuff off at the hostel we walked all over the city we saw the Red Light District, it was okay. We went home and had a nap mainly Ben snored and pushed me out of the bed. We met up with Soph and Sharlene and ate Doritos and sour cream in the park. (Vondelpark) It's such a pretty park, even though it is legal to have sex in the park after dark. We were both pretty ruined so we went to bed early. Ben is a sook so he stayed in my bunk. All in all today was so good as Ben arrived and the Heineken Brewery actually seemed to be a profitable experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb