Macre Coeur


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 24th 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is the start of a new chapter of our trip.
We caught the new TGV train (new and super fast) from Paris to Stuttgart where we picked up our motorHOME for the next 10 weeks. Our first destination was Bavaria where we caught up with friends - Silke, Michael, Uwe, Hieko, and Sven. They were staying on a dairy farm.
The first thing we noticed was the lack of fencing. The cows stay mainly in the shed and each day the farmer goes out to cut some grass and take it to the cows...
The Bavarian country side was beautiful and very green. Whilst there, we attended a luncheon of the local farmers where we dined on scrumptous Bavarian food and desserts, and more desserts.
When we left Bavaria we headed South, and the first day we travelled a grand total of 85km and stayed the night at Innsbruck (Austria).
The next day we crossed the very impressive Brenner Pass into Italy. This involved an amazing assortment of bridges and tunnels, all in the backdrop of the Italian Alps. Had a look at the Dolomite Mountains before moving onto Venice.
Venice, if you haven't heard(ha ha) , is a series of islands linked by many small canals and bridges. We camped across from Venice on the mainland, literally 50 meters from our campsite was a shipping canal. The 7:00 AM fog horn blast was not found amusing .
We are finding the motorhome (Macre Coeur) great, and the Tomtom/GPS extremely beneficial.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb