Telgte to Bad Salzuflen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 29th 2022
Published: August 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Moving on today, heading forever east. Through lots more crops and farm land, tiny villages and in and out of towns. In Versmold we messed around for ages first trying to find a bench for a very late elevenses and then trying to find a public toilet! As the day progressed we gradually saw hills to our left, the first since leaving the ferry. These host the Teutoburg Forest which we passed through the edges of. Our route stuck to the valley so was still flat. Towards the end of our journey we passed through the city of Beilefed which was a little hairy trying to follow the route, stop and start at traffic lights and weave in and out of pedestrians and hundreds of cyclists while looking out for cars too.It was lovely to be out of the city and back onto quiet lanes.



Reaching Bad Salzuflen it was actually up the biggest hill so far to the hotel. After showers and a rest we walked down into town for our evening meal which I had booked online yesterday. It can be very difficult to find food on a Monday evening as not many places are open. The town centre had beautiful old houses and buildings and flowers everywhere. The restaurant and meal was very nice and worth the walk. Paul treated himself to steak to get himself up future anticipated hills.



The spa resort of Bad Salzuflen, known for its saltwater, thermal and mineral springs, is an old city with many historical buildings including the old quarter which dates from the Weser Renaissance period. The spa gardens and country park are one of the largest areas of parkland in the country, running along the banks of the Salze river. Lying in the Teutoburg Forest, the area is home to a wonderful variety of flora and fauna.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb