Bad Salzuflen to Stadtoldendorf


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 30th 2022
Published: August 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Last nights hotel was ok but not as nice as the others we have had so far so we didn't expect much of breakfast but infact it had the best spread we had seen so far. A great start to the day.



As usual before leaving town we found a supermarket to buy picnic goodies for lunch and we were amused to see little parking signs for dogs outside, with hook ups to tie the lead to.



Our path today was moving south eastwards. It was much more scenic today as we found some hills. It was up and down very gradually slopes and the downhills give some respite from pedalling. Continuous flat means no hills but it also means constant peddling. We were in and out of forests, farm land, pretty villages and small towns. Lunch was sat on a bench next to an Evangelical Church with a very pretty garden. Churches are usually a good source for a bench if all else fails.



We had our first river ferry crossing of the trip, soon after this, at Pollo. It was literally only a few minutes to cross the river. Late afternoon we stopped at an Eis cafe for refreshment as it was really quite warm by now. Just before arriving at Stadtoldendorf we joined the Euro Velo 1 cycle path which we followed all the way to Berlin in 2018.



The last half a mile to the apartment was up a very steep hill. What a way to end the ride! The owner had warned us he didn't speak very much English but he was waiting when we arrived and he showed us the apartment and explained everything in very good English.



After showers we went straight down into town to find food and there wasn't much choice but we chose a Cafe/ Brasserie and ordered. It took forever to arrive but was very good and extremely cheap. Next it was off to Lild to buy in some breakfast food as there is no breakfast included with the apartment.



We are now in Lower Saxony. 54 miles today

Advertisement



31st August 2022

Enjoy!
Hi Bernadette and Paul, Enjoying reading your blog posts each day, sounds like a great trip. You brought back memories yesterday, as I've stayed I. Bad Salzuflen, a charm8 g little town. I think I was working at 5he Havover Fair at the time and we left each day around 6am to hoof it up the Autobahn in a very fast BMW. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb