Wow Germans build things Grand


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 12th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cobbled streetsCobbled streetsCobbled streets

These are a definite no no for the Queen Mary. This photo was taken early Sunday morning, when we arrived in town the previous afternoon it was wall to wall tourists. Nightmare!!
Geo: 49.4019, 8.68024

So then before we knew it we were on one of those dam motorways and into Germany, freak if you go to overtake the very small dot in the mirror is up ya bum faster than you can say… crap where did he come from… pushed the cruiser up to 130km/hr... whoo whoo then backed off to a respectable 90 and let them fight amongst themselves. Its kind of weird seeing a Porsche and a Mini having a tag fight.. think they were going more than 130.

Must say I am glad we have a Microsoft Nokia phone with the Here Maps app.. makes life easy and its free. Without it I recon we would have ended up in Scotland and still be there.

So after a good days drive we have camped at a place called Dahn next to a Lake which you have to see to believe. Now you know you are in Germany when (Sarah and Thomas can stop reading now if you are out there) the campers next to you take a considerable amount of time setting up their vehicle. We were told to park at 90 deg to the lake which we did. We started cooking
Seriously crazy buildingsSeriously crazy buildingsSeriously crazy buildings

This is the university.
tea and our new neighbours who arrived minutes after us were still attempting to park their vehicle straight and flat. We watched the palaver with much amusement whilst eating our tea. We are pretty sure they got it within microns in all planes in the end. We of course would expect nothing less from the Germans.

Germany has been quite clinical. We stopped in Heidelberg, wandered around town and did the tourist thing. Might as well be one whilst we can. Looked at castles, cobble stone streets and bathrooms. Our number one rule for Germany is do not attempt to drive the Cruiser up any streets with cobblestones. Although there are way too many tourists in these areas there is just not enough time to sort out the paperwork if we try that again. We camped the night about 6km upstream of the river Neckar, great place and chatted with some other travellers doing it on push bikes.

Also you will all be relieved to hear is I managed to purchase a pair of hiking thong things… no they are not sandals… Just before we left Oz the fox decided he liked mine and took then away… so as you can imagine with the warm weather my feet were getting hot in my shoes…. Unhappy hot feet face.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Korean TouristsKorean Tourists
Korean Tourists

Spot the Korean tourists, they would be the ones with the stick to take real selfies.


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb