Saturday in Nuremberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse
June 15th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was Nuremberg - an interesting day. We toured the museum there and walked around the main market square. At the end of the day we drove over to Furth - almost like a sister city. Furth is also very pretty, but truth be told, we went there because Dave's brother-in-law's family name is Furth .... And who knows, they may be from there. After that, we had found a huge rose garden that we wanted to visit in Hagenhausen. It was supposed to be closed, but we spent some time walking along the front part of the garden admiring the roses. And good news for all of you who were concerned with our navigation situation ... After preparing to navigate from a map ... We figured out how to work the system in our van. Problem solved, and we are ready to go. Tomorrow we are going to the Black Forest and then on to Pirmasens where my parents were station in the early 60s. While we are in that area, we are also stopping by the town Connie was born in as well. Will be fun, but lots of driving tomorrow.



Connie here. Another wonderful day in Germany! Things I've noticed about Germany: in addition to turning yellow before red, the stop lights also turn yellow before turning green. The Germans are some awesome parallel parkers. They can park in the smallest of spaces. Almost everyone has horizontal metal blinds on the windows that they close during the day. At night they open the blinds. The windows swivel open from the top instead of lifting from the bottom. They (and I) are in love with cafe curtains. Cafe curtains are everywhere and I think they are darling. Almost every window and patio or balcony have flower pots. There are also flowers and plants on the inside of the windows. And as I mentioned before, there are flower gardens everywhere. Especially popular are red roses and red geraniums. We stopped at a rose garden today and the fever for roses is burning bright in my heart. Mom and I have a lot of work to do in our gardens when we get home.



More pictures tomorrow ... It was late when we got back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb