guten tag from Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
May 31st 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today I arrived in Frankfurt airport to be greeted by a smiling Alex, a friend of Joannes from Uni. When I was coming through customs there was a queue that took about 15 mins to clear, Alex said it was because someone had left a bag unattended and the bomb disposal unit had arrived and used a robot to investigate the aforementioned bag, that turned out to be a very innocent bag left behind by a forgetaful man !!



So we arrived at Alex and Timo's appartment, and they have a double decker garage, you drive in normally, then you use a hydrolic lift and it raises the car up, and tah dah !!! there is space for another one underneath...... genuis !!!



After settling in and having a nice cup of tea, we went out for dinner. Alex said she had booked a table at two restaurants and I could choose between them. One was a raditional German and the other a swanky Italian, no brainer for me..... German it was to be.



It was called Frankfurt Hous and was a traditional half wooden building that was beautiful outside, with a lovely beer garden that was empty as the weather here is as rubbish as the UK at the moment. The inside was decorated with flowers everywhere plus a full sized silver suit of armour at the entrance.



Alex told me that its popular with professional footballers and celebs but alas none in tongiht.



We walked around the area then back home for another cuppa and watched a programme on tv called "Lets dance" which is the german version of "strictly come dancing" and it was the final so win win all round !!!



I'm off to bed now so night night xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb