Flannel shirt, Peruvian hat & a hot-pink pashmina,yep, I'm ready for Germany!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
December 13th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm not going to pretend that I'm not aware that my 'outer-wear' in our travel photos are similar. At best I'm able to switch out a scarf or two, I'm willing to address the situation on here with all of you.

This outer-wear concern was first brought to my attention by my self-conscienceness-- I have always been someone who has taken terrific pride in her fashion-sense, I like to think it's my sixth-sense. The second time it was brought to my attention was from a great friend of mine who knows me a little too well (and how to crawl under my skin and lay there with a megaphone), Leslie. She has voiced her concern on two occasions now about how my choice of repeated 'outer-wear' has her convinced that I'm "obsessed" with these items. I will discuss each item below and my attachment to each.

My flannel shirt is not a nod to the crisp German weather, it's comfortable, it's an easy layering piece and I usually only wear it on our travels, and yes, thanks to Ashlee Simpson, the grunge look has been in for sometime now, lucky for me. During the week (that's not counting this week-- hey, I have the chickenpox, properly spelled chickenpok's brought to my attention by Wikapedia), I am a respectable volunteer who gets up and puts on business-like attire and goes to school to get bullied, bruised, battered and not paid.

The Peruvian hat needs to get some action as I won't be wearing it in Miami-- I assure you, when I get down there it's sailor and Panama Jack hats from here on out.

My hot-pink-pashmina. It goes with a lot. I'm a girl who openly likes pink-- really bright pink.

In my defense...

I was only allotted X amount of clothes to come to Germany to begin with. Grant was very strict with me on this stating that it "doesn't matter how many times I wear the same things, they just have to be warm and comfortable", he doesn't know my friends. We weighed our luggage before we left. When we got to the check-in counter at CMH, they didn't weigh our bags-- international flights and they don't get weighed.

You never see what I'm wearing (or rarely) underneath the 'outer-wear' of mine. Yes, many times it IS the flannel shirt, but you can't ALWAYS prove it.

In conclusion - I'll try to dig up my other Peruvian hat and I promise not to have the "hot-pink pashmina" on but my" Indigo-blue" one in the next set of pictures. I'm not making any promises on the flannel shirt, but surely by now, the grunge look is on the out, which if any of you want to send proof of that, I'll think of retiring it.

It's been a LONG week here with the chickenpox and no Grant. Thank you to all who has kept me company and checked in on me during this time. It's not long now! I'm looking forward to his return here in the next few days. I've tried to 'beetlejuice' my way out of this situation, but it hasn't worked yet.

Love & miss,

Ali


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th December 2008

you're fabulous...
Girl, I think you look rad...
19th December 2008

Witness Protection Needed
Oh my goodness....I have made the blog....I am in fear of my life now....You know I love ya and can't wait to see you when you get back...regardless of what you have on! (Can't wait to see Grant and Oliver too!)

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb