German Adventures: Part 22 - Klimahaus


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bremen » Bremerhaven
July 19th 2012
Published: December 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hey Leute!



With Erasmus coming to a swift end, I looked at what I had still wanted to do and never got the chance, and so on Sunday I went with 3 other Erasmus friends to the port city of Bremerhaven, on the North Sea coast. This town is an exclave of Bremen, despite being 45 minutes away by train.



The city is home to several attractions, including the records museum of German emigrants, who left by ship to America and other nations, as well as where we decided to go - the Klimahaus. The Klimahaus is an eight-zoned museum where climates of several nations along the 8th Parallel East are recreated. Before going I had not really heard anything, but after visiting I can say it was truly worth the visit. In each zone there was several things to see, that educated you about life in these areas, as well as the complete environment (temperature, humidity and textures) being recreated.



In Switzerland you could walk through a glacier and learn about mountain life. In Niger you could sit in the sand and learn about traditional ceremonies. In Cameroon you could walk through rain forest, whilst in the Antarctic you could see what scientists do to stay warm enough, whilst being surrounded by below freezing icesheets.



In Samoa there was a beach scene, and you could see many see creatures like Jellyfish, whilst in Alaska you could see how they use whaling for food. After visiting I can say that it was definitely worth the visit, as it was really well created to immerse yourself in the zones.



Tomorrow we have our farewell party, whilst on Saturday we are having our final Huckelriede Party. But before this I have an exam on Saturday morning, and so my time until then is mostly studying.



Viel Spaß

Kevin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb