Wurzburg: Romantic Road to Rothenburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Würzburg
December 19th 2016
Published: December 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It is with a heavy heart that I write today's blog after the situation at the Berlin Christmas Martket. So sad for the people and families affected by the attack. The Christmas Markets in Germany are such a beautiful tradition and for this to happen to people who are out enjoying the markets and getting into the festive season is beyond comprehension. it is a senseless waste of life and so selfish of the people perpetrated the attack!



21st December 2016:

So... a couple of days ago we visited the beautiful countryside city of Rothenberg. We arrived there by about 10.00am and it was absolutely freezing. I had left my scarf back at the ship so had to go any buy another (what a shame)!!!

The countryside on the drive out to Rothenburg Along the Romatic Road was amazing. From solar farms to turbine wind generators to the fertile fields where they grow canola, maize etc. in the summer months It was truely beautiful.

On reaching Rothenberg (a walled city) we entered through the city gates to be blasted by freezing cold air. Within the city walls we found narrow cobble stone streets, beautiful boutique shops for clothing, accessories, gift shops and of course Christmas shops and markets.

After a walking tour of the city we got to explore for a couple of hours before heading back to ship via the Autobarn. I think I would fit right in driving in Germany - no speed limit on the autobarn. The guide was telling us when the vehicles do have accidents, they are usually spectularly large and involve numerous vehicles. Buses and larger vehicles are restricted,to 100km / hour. But cars - no limit!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb