Wipe Out! near Nürnberg...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Nuremberg (aka Nürnberg)
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Biergarten time!Biergarten time!Biergarten time!

Rory and Scott drinking copius amounts of beer near Nürnberg, and....
Day 23, 23rd June.

Röshof - Großhubersdorf - Nürnberg - Pommelsbruhn

We were on the road early again, a lovely day again. We stopped off at a village to finish off last nights pasta on a brötchen. It was a short ride into Nürnberg, a confusing city and very busy until we entered the Altstadt - it was amazingly beautiful. We bought our pepper-sprays here and tried to find bike bits but with no luck. Scot and Rory went to McDonald’s against my advice, paid €5 each (twice the price of last night’s meal I cooked for all of us) and ended up saying it was the most disgusting food they’d tasted for ages, Ha! I stocked up on Spiritus* before the shops closed and we headed off east out of town.

Just outside the city at a town called Lauf, we found a lovely location to drink a Stein of beer each by a tree, by a waterfall, in the sun. Rory and Scott had another, I declined because the beer had already affected me. On the way out of town in the countryside, Rory took a bad fall off his bike and scraped his arm. Shortly
Pic 2: Wipe Out!Pic 2: Wipe Out!Pic 2: Wipe Out!

What do you expect after 3 litres of German beer!
afterwards I found a good free-camping place in a freshly cut field above a quiet road and cooked supper - oriental stir-fry with pasta, again. We crashed out early before it was dark.

*Spiritus - is the German word for Meths. If you have a Trangia spirit-burning cooker like me, it’s the best to use, it burns clean, and it’s cheap to buy in Germany. In most parts of eastern Europe it’s virtually impossible to buy because of alcohol abuse.

Total Miles: 1084.11 Todays Miles: 56.80 Average speed: 10.8 Time on bike: 5:14



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pic 3: War Wounds!Pic 3: War Wounds!
Pic 3: War Wounds!

Rory showing off the result. The first casualty of the bike trip.....
Lucky Guy!Lucky Guy!
Lucky Guy!

Most Germans smile and party when their team wins...
Saur-pus!Saur-pus!
Saur-pus!

... some don't!


Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 24; qc: 109; dbt: 0.1123s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb