Three cycle into Bavaria...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Rothenburg ob der Tauber
June 23rd 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heidelberg CasteHeidelberg CasteHeidelberg Caste

At the end of a 100 mile day we reached Heidelberg just as the sun was setting on the castle.
Day 22, 22nd June.

Jagsthausen - Schrozberg - Rothenburg - Röshof

We arose early, packed, and left without paying the €2.50 requested on the sign - there was no-one there to take it to anyway. It was 7 when we carried on along the Jagstal cycle path. We stopped for breakfast at a Backerei and watered up before the climb at the end of the valley which was pretty hard. Scott’s legs were paining him again so we slowed down. The thing with following the rivers is that we do only about half the distance as the crow flies - Scott finds this out on his GPS. We notice a big difference being only three, we are much quicker on the move and making decisions. So, after leaving the rivers we were on the plateau with great tail-winds, lots of lovely villages, and traveling in an almost straight line eastwards towards Prague. We stopped to look around the Bavarian town of Rothenburg which is ancient and walled, and sits on top of a hill - beautiful. Our stop for the night was just outside of Lehrberg in the forest in a lovely clearing. We had vegetable pasta, and fell asleep to beautiful natural sounds of nature - the best.

Total Miles: 1027.31 Todays Miles: 65.48 Average speed: 10.5 Time on bike: 6:14



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Soccer ???Soccer ???
Soccer ???

I'm only here for the beer!!!!
Rothenburg.Rothenburg.
Rothenburg.

The beautiful little fortress-town of Rothenburg in Bavaria, Germany at Its best.


Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 26; qc: 110; dbt: 0.144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb