Back To Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 5th 2013
Published: June 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This was our final morning in the Czech Republic before making our way back to Germany. After breakfast, I took the time to wander around Cesky Krumlov one final time before our shuttle van arrived to transport us to Munich. The drive to Munich took a little over 3 hours and as with the ride from Berlin to Prague, all of us just seemed to knock out and sleep for most of the duration despite the scenic German countryside surrounding us. It was a warm summer day in Munich as we pulled into our home for the next 3 nights, The Motel One Hotel near the Sendlinger Tor. After settling in, we made our way up SendlingerStrasse towards to Munichs main square, the Marienplatz. Having been here twice before, I knew this area would be jam packed with people and today was no exception. After waiting around to watch the most overrated show on earth, the Glockenspiel, we made our way to another of Munich's tourisic icons, the Hofbrauhaus.

As it was still early in the afternoon, we had our choice of seating at the Hofbrauhaus. We then proceeded to spend the next few hours drinking liters of Hofbrauhaus beer, eating pretzels, and ordering schnitzel dinners. All this with the great German music provided by the live Om Pah Pah band. As the evening progressed, the Hofbrauhaus became more crowded. With every table practically taken, 2 guys visiting from Venezuela approached us and asked if they could join us. Of course, how could we say no? Needing to return to the hotel, to research a car rental for tomorrow, Josie, Shea, mom, and myself decided that we wanted to return to the hotel. Vita and Churro chose to stay behind with our new Venezuelan friends and continue to drink the night away. After a few hours of napping, everyone was still asleep so I chose to walk back over to the Hofbrauhaus to find everyone. Not able to find anyone, I just walked around the surrounding area until all of a sudden one of the Venezuelan guys came up to me. It was a good thing as Vita and Churro had no idea where our hotel was located. After finding everyone, we returned to the Hofbrauhaus to have more beers before they closed for the night. As we were all about to go our seperate ways, we agreed to meet up with the Venezuelan guys tomorrow and perhaps go to a major soccer match to watch the German national team.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The HofbrauhausThe Hofbrauhaus
The Hofbrauhaus

Drinking with our new friends from Venezuela
The HofbrauhausThe Hofbrauhaus
The Hofbrauhaus

Drinking with our new friends from Venezuela
The HofbrauhausThe Hofbrauhaus
The Hofbrauhaus

Churro with the Venezuelan Guys


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb