Day 1: Arrival at Munich, Germany (Apr 2017)


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 13th 2017
Published: May 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 13th April 2017

Spring 2017 European City Breaks

The trip started more than 12 hours ago when my flight finally landed at Munich Airport at 6.55am on Thursday. I was dead tired from the flight and the bad news was that I had plenty of time to kill at the airport as H would not arrive before 12pm today. While claiming my baggage at the carousel, he messaged that he had just missed his connecting flight at Heathrow.

Munich Airport was simply not the best place to while the 5 hours away. I divided my time across Mcdonalds, the EDEKA Supermarket and sorting out the directions and ticket machines so that we could simply make our way to the Bahn Station as soon as H arrived!

Anyway, H managed to appear at the Arrivals sometime before 12 today and we were soon on our way to the city centre where our hotel was. The Hauptbahnhof was a busy intersection where the trains, subways, suburban trains and trams met. It didn't took us too long to figure out our way and made it to Aloft Munich where we would be staying for 3 nights. After more than 18 hours of insufficient rest, our neat room was a godsend. By all standards, it was HUGE with plenty of spaces to place our luggage. It was QUIET as it faced the courtyard instead of the train station. And for Euros 75 per night, it was great VALUE!

We rested till 5pm in the evening before slowly making our way to Marienplatz - because we had no plans for today. This was a town square where there were plenty of shopping and dining actions. We walked around - saw some nice architecture and churches even though we had no idea what the buildings were.

We did lose our bearings a bit and ended up in a lovely local neighbourhood where there was a mini-park and a supermarket. The day was still bright and sunny when we arrived at 7.30pm even though the supermarket would close by 8pm. We quickly grab some stuffs from the grocer before heading back to our comfortable rooms!

Like most trips, Day One went off on a slow start as we were still trying to familiarise ourselves with the unfamiliar. Normally, things would pick up from there and the pictures would turn out better after a good night rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb