Highlights of our Cameron Highlands / Kuala Lumpur Trip (Dec 2016)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
December 25th 2016
Published: September 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

23rd - 27th December 2016

Start: 10.30pm overnight coach from Beach Road (Singapore) to Tanah Rata (Cameron Highlands)

End: 9.25pm Jetstar 3K0688 Flight (Kuala Lumpur to Singapore Changi Airport)

This was a 4 Days 3 Nights trip to CH and KL that H and myself undertook last Christmas. It happened more than 8 months ago as I began to pen down the details of the journey only this afternoon. I guessed I could only include the highlights of this trip since it's been quite sometime ago. Memories of this trip have faded quite a fair bit.

1) Steamboat dinner at Restoran May Flower (Tanah Rata). This was comfort food on a wet and cold Christmas night in CH. The skies have been drizzling all day and nothing beats the warm hotpot with plenty of veggies (we loved that), pork, prawns and fish in front of us. We ended the meal with some ice-cold cola. Yummy!

2) Afternoon Tea @ the Jim Thompson Tea Room (Cameron Highlands Resort). At RM 80 nett for 2 persons, the price was hard to beat. The Boh Tea selections were plentiful and the strawberries scones unforgettable. The colonial setting and the warm lights easily made it one of the best afternoon tea experience we ever had. And yes, this was a great Christmas afternoon to remember.

3) Afternoon Tea @ the Old Smoke House. While the afternoon tea paled in comparison, the Tudor House and its beautiful English Garden made up for the minor disappointment on Christmas Eve.

4) We wished that we had Grab Car services in CH as the taxi service is still very much dominated by the mafias @ Tanah Rata Bus Station. We didn't head to the tea plantations because of the notorious high prices and heavy jams. We walked a lot though - from the Cameron Highlands Resort to Tanah Rata in the cool rainy weather. With umbrellas of course!

5) Upgraded stay @ the Hilton Kuala Lumpur. We had an upgrade to the King Deluxe Room with complimentary breakfast thrown in as our room was not ready at 2.30pm. Our room was huge, comfortable and inviting. The lagoon pool was great. Breakfast was superb - fresh juice from the juicers and impeccable service staffs. The Hilton would always be my second home whenever I come back to Kuala Lumpur.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb